He lifts me up. He reminds me in song how much He loves me

When I Am Down…

Discouragement has been assailing me over the past few weeks. I have been praying for 11 years for my prodigals to return. I have been praying for about 7 years for The Father to avenge me to my enemies. I have been praying for 4 years for another home to replace the one that was stolen out from under me. I have been praying for the past 15 months since he's been home that the restoration of the healing in my marriage that had happened before my husband's incarceration would "reappear." I have been praying for I don't know how long for The Father to restore my health as my MS continues to decline to the point where we are now in the process of installing hand controls in my car during the last two months of my temporary disability.

During worship Sunday we sang one of my favorite songs, "Your Grace Is Enough." In my devotions yesterday (Monday) I was in Luke 18, reading Jesus' parable about the widow who kept going to the unrighteous judge asking him for legal protection from her enemies. He taught this parable to teach us that we are to keep praying and not lose heart. Today when I checked my Facebook news feed I read a posting from a cousin of a poster that said, "Keep the Faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right in the moment you're about to give up hope." As I am in a period where I am barely able to walk, crying out to God how much longer must I wait, how much more must I take, how much worse must I get, what does He do?

He lifts me up. He reminds me in song how much He loves me and that He sees me. He brings my eyes to the exact passage in "His love letter" that I needed to read in my discouragement. He uses the words of a posting on Facebook to remind me that He is working on things, even though I cannot see His hand. God's timing is always perfect. He reminds me that I can trust His love for me, that He has good things in His plan for me. "…Now shall not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them speedily." Luke 18:7, 8a

To read more articles written by T.R. Lipscomb visit the author at T.R. Lipscomb where you will be encouraged, blessed and refreshed.
 
The power of Christian Book Marketing Author's Article Blast, taking it to the nations.